A nice shock for Crypt of the Necrodancer followers! SYNCHRONY, a brand new DLC for Necrodancer, launched right this moment into early entry. This shock content material for the pioneering 2015 rythm-roguelike is itself an act of necromancy, as till lately the sport had not seen new content material for the reason that Amplified DLC in 2017. At present’s launch of Synchrony into EA follows a July replace to the bottom sport aimed toward making Necrodancer appropriate with Steam Deck.
The most important addition in Synchrony is co-operative and aggressive multiplayer modes, however there’s numerous content material for solo players as nicely. Here is the characteristic listing:
- On-line multiplayer assist for as much as 8 gamers in co-op and vs modes!
- New character: Chaunter — Posesses enemies and fights utilizing their powers!
- New character: Suzu — Speedy character with an invincible sprint assault!
- New character: Klarinetta — Does battle with an enormous two-handed sword!
- Full mod assist permitting most facets of the sport to be modded!
- An built-in mod portal, and the power to load a number of mods directly!
- New weapons, spells, objects, enemies, shrines, traps, and extra!
- Much more options to return throughout Early Entry!
In the event you’ve by no means performed Necrodancer it is a simple advice. The sport is ready up like a basic roguelike however the turns occur to the beat of the music reasonably than ready for participant enter. The exceptional OST was composed by Danny Baranowsky (Tremendous Meatboy, Canabalt, Cortex Command), and you may be banging your fingers (and infrequently your face) into your keyboard to one of many best online game soundtracks ever made.
After I examine one of many aggressive modes in Synchrony I used to be reminded of watching a aggressive speedrun of Necrodancer at Video games Achieved Fast the place two gamers raced to complete the sport – it appeared like a ton of enjoyable. Here is the video if you would like to have a look. To be clear, this isn’t the Synchrony DLC, it is simply two superb Necrodancers taking part in the bottom sport with the Amplified DLC.
Synchrony is launched natively for Linux into Early Entry with an anticipated full launch in late 2022.
You should buy it from GOG (quickly) and Steam.