Area Bandit is a brand new Native Linux top-down shooter the place you are operating by way of cramped corridors on some house ship. It is acquired a complete lot of fashion and a few nice tunes too. Truthfully, it firmly provides off vibes just like Hotline Miami, solely with a sci-fi setting and it is simply as loopy at occasions.
It is now in Early Entry, though that is only a finishing-up job because the developer stated there isn’t any lacking content material because it’s mainly full however they need suggestions earlier than saying it is actually completed. The premise right here is straightforward: you are a gun smuggler and you bought ripped off, now you are out for revenge. It is ridiculously quick as soon as the motion will get going, however largely it provides you a second to suppose across the begin of every part on the way you want to tear by way of it.
It has some fairly good AI that may really try and take you down and never simply run blindly at you firing, and that is a part of the promoting level. The developer really says the AI is “madly superior and difficult” and that the AI will “work collectively to flank you, they will name out your place to one another, they will revive one another and usually make you endure”. I can positively attest to the struggling half, I misplaced rely of my deaths a while in the past.
- Brutal (one hit kill) twin stick shooter gameplay.
- Hilariously intelligent enjoyable AI that does not simply run at you want an fool.
- Teleporting… THROUGH PEOPLE.
- Exploding barrels all over the place.
- 4 Proceduraly generated zones and roguelike stuff to maintain issues contemporary.
- 4 distinctive no bullet sponge bosses.
- Loopy weapons just like the Rail Gun that photographs by way of partitions.
- Full mouse, keyboard and controller assist.
- Kicking enemies after they’re already useless as a result of they might at all times be deader.
- A superb skilled enterprise colleague that chain smokes and spouts conspiracy theories.
- Taking pictures folks out home windows into the void of house.
Works nice on desktop and on Steam Deck too.
In the stores on Steam.