It’s been a bit quiet on the eFootball 2022 entrance since Konami’s Model 1.0 dropped on April 14. Regardless of its horrendous build-up to an much more disappointing launch, eFootball saved some face with the April replace. Whereas eFootball 2022 is nowhere close to eFootball 2021 Season Replace when it comes to the entire package deal, the updates alongside the best way are getting us nearer to that outdated PES feeling. Now, with Model 1.1.0 having been launched, it’s time to present our impressions.
Notice: Nearly all of these impressions had been based mostly on offline play as server upkeep after the discharge prevented a variety of consumer vs. consumer gameplay.
eFootball 2022 Model 1.1.0
Updates And Additions
- Up to date license information from leagues, golf equipment, and nationwide groups from around the globe
- New and up to date workforce, supervisor, and participant information
- Stadiums, Boots, Balls, and Commentary
Notable Gameplay Enhancements
- Enhanced enter response for cursor modifications
- Fastened a problem the place cross and clear instructions might not set off correctly when the ball is mid-air
- Fastened a problem the place the Tremendous Cancel command fails to cancel the command inputted previous to fast free-kick and throw-in restarts
- Fastened a problem the place making a return cross with none L stick enter after performing a 1-2 Go (Forwards) or Go-and-run (Cross Over), will see that return cross being made with pace and directional assists, despite the fact that the Guide Go Stage was set to “Stage 4” (no help)
- Fastened a problem the place performing a Go-and-run (Cross Over) will see the participant who made the preliminary cross make a run in an inappropriate route when the Guide Go Stage is ready to “Stage 4” (no help)
- Enhanced dribbling response
- Carried out changes in order that when releasing the L stick throughout a dribble to observe the ball, the participant will now undertake an applicable physique place close to the ball.
- Fastened a problem the place Chip Photographs are overly correct in sure conditions
- Carried out enhancements in order that gamers will now take extra applicable touches for floating passes coming from behind.
- Fastened a problem the place the goalkeeper might not sprint in direction of the ball when performing the “Deliver Out the GK” command
- Fastened a problem the place the goalkeeper might go into his personal purpose when holding the ball
- Fastened a problem the place the goalkeeper might place himself too shut in direction of the close to publish
- Fastened a problem the place the goalkeeper might not try to catch oncoming balls that he ought to be capable of catch
- Fastened a problem the place the goalkeeper might have a delayed response in direction of pictures with a deflected trajectory if it occurs whereas he performs a pre-jump movement
- Fastened a problem the place, in uncommon circumstances, the goalkeeper would deflect the ball into the purpose when it was attainable to push it outdoors of the purpose
- Carried out changes to the foul choice algorithms inside the penalty space as fouls had been referred to as too continuously contained in the field
- Carried out changes to the foul choice algorithms for when the participant’s toes makes contact with the opposition when performing a cross whereas sliding
- Carried out changes to the offside choice algorithms relating to participant involvement
- Carried out changes to the foul choice algorithms for Shoulder Prices close to the realm of physique contact with the opposition
- Fastened a problem the place fouls should not referred to as accurately for sure makes use of of Shoulder Cost, reminiscent of dashing in direction of a stationary participant or making physique contacts proper earlier than or after the opposition performs a kick. Consequently, yellow playing cards could also be issued when these fouls are referred to as
- Carried out different changes for extra applicable foul calls
What I Like
For me, and because of this I put this primary, the improved responsiveness is by far the most important enchancment in Model 1.1.0. The best way the gamers transfer, how they management the ball for his or her first contact, and simply the higher response to button inputs make the sport really feel a lot tighter. Dribbling may be very fluid and doesn’t require using expertise to beat your defender as you should utilize their momentum in opposition to them with out worry of them unrealistically jockeying to maintain up with you. 50-50 ball response occasions are barely higher, though there may be nonetheless room for enchancment in relation to participant consciousness.
Improved Cursor Change
One of many extra irritating points of eFootball 2022 pertains to the defensive facet of the sport, particularly cursor modifications. eFootball 2022 in its present state is great in relation to dribbling. Throw within the new defensive mechanics and defending included a big studying curve. The training curve is simply that although, one thing that over time you’ll get higher at as you play extra. Pre-update, cursor switching was spotty at greatest. Usually, the cursor change was ball-relative. This implies it mechanically put you near the attacker with the ball, however the choice to put it on “participant relative” was nonetheless an choice.
The problem was that it doesn’t matter what was chosen, the guide switching (flicking RS or LB) was too sluggish and unresponsive. Fortunately, it has been improved upon with the intention to manually choose your defender with a a lot higher probability at shifting to the participant you need.
Attacking AI When Dribbling
Regardless of the dearth of modes, and the truth that you’ll be able to nonetheless solely use the identical groups from the preliminary launch, the power to play on Celebrity AI with 10-minute matches has been added so that you get extra time to see how the AI performs. Whereas it’s nonetheless not sufficient time for my private liking, seeing the extra time signifies that the AI takes a extra affected person strategy to enjoying as they’re not dashing their assaults as a lot.
As an alternative, what we have now are AI attackers that really make the most of talent strikes in a plausible means. This permits them to profit from 1-on-1 alternatives whilst you frantically attempt to defend. For a lot too lengthy in each FIFA and PES, the AI suffered from an absence of urgency in these 1-on-1 moments. Now, because of this replace, you’ll see wingers get away talent strikes like this:
What I Don’t Like
Modes Nonetheless Lacking
Paid Content material
– The variety of groups that can be utilized in leagues and membership groups shall be expanded and distributed as further paid content material by the tip of 2022
– Grasp League shall be out there as further paid content material throughout 2023
— eFootball (@play_eFootball) May 31, 2022
2022 for Edit Mode and 2023 for Grasp League. Ugh.
We just about knew that Grasp League could be a paid DLC, however having to attend till 2023 signifies that we must always count on an up to date Grasp League with new options and hopefully not a rehashed model of final 12 months’s mode. Moreover, having to pay for the variety of groups doesn’t appear proper. Konami has added a variety of partnerships over the previous few years, nevertheless it was anticipated that these licenses normally come at no further value. It’s disappointing that that is the trail Konami has chosen, however provided that the sport was free, it isn’t an excessive amount of of a burden if the value for this extra content material is comparatively low cost.
Model 1.1.0 was in regards to the little issues. Wholesale modifications and enhancements that got here with Model 1.0.0 had been essential to make the sport playable. This current replace centered on refining the gameplay and adjusting the gameplay expertise beneath the hood. Whereas areas like improved responsiveness are instantly felt, the modifications to first touches and the improved ball freedom take a number of hours of playtime to be actually felt and appreciated.
There’s nonetheless a ton of room for enchancment, particularly in relation to including again modes and delivering extra content material, so that is removed from a completed product. Nonetheless, it’s beginning to take form, giving us that outdated PES feeling as soon as once more. For these like myself who nonetheless get pleasure from eFootball 2021 Season Replace, it’s not time to place it to mattress, nevertheless it’s price testing eFootball 2022 to get acclimated to the brand new controls and participant motion.