Irrespective of the system, analog stick drift is a concern for a lot of players. Moments the place onscreen characters begin to transfer on their very own, or automobiles start to veer off to the facet with none buttons being pushed, are experiences that nobody needs to face. Sadly for PS5 house owners, the dreaded stick drift ailment can influence DualSense controllers, too. Fortunately, there are some methods to repair it. Right here’s the right way to repair the PS5 DualSense controller analog stick drift concern.
Methods to repair PS5 DualSense controller analog stick drift
To repair PS5 DualSense Controller analog stick drift, customers ought to:
- Be sure that their controller is absolutely up to date.
- Customers are notified of any new controller updates after they first join the DualSense. Set up them!
- Clear the controller.
- Whereas being positive to keep away from any actions that may void the guarantee, rigorously cleansing the analog sticks may help alleviate any sticking points that would trigger drift.
- Restore the analog sticks.
- You may gently pop the analog stands out of their default place by lifting them barely. Give them a wiggle after which pop them again in to see if this has mounted the problem.
- Use Deadzone capabilities in sure video games.
- Configuring the Deadzone permits customers to decide on how delicate the analog sticks are. Make them much less delicate to keep away from any drifting points.
- Reset the controller after which reconnect it to your PS5.
- Use a paperclip or pin to press the reset button positioned on the again of the controller. Press it in for 10 seconds.
If not one of the above works, contacting PlayStation Help for extra assist and/or a alternative can be my subsequent step.
On the lookout for extra PlayStation suggestions? Right here’s the right way to improve PS Plus to Additional or Premium, the right way to disable the PS5’s pesky automated Relaxation Mode, and the right way to make the PS5 fan quieter.