Love racing spaceships? Take a look at Fly Harmful, initially created as a love letter to the Elite Harmful racing neighborhood, it is now out there on Steam and it is free.
“Ever needed to take a ridiculously quick, fully-controllable rocket ship and fly it just like the lunatic that lives inside all of us? Nicely now you’ll be able to!
Fly Harmful is a sport the place 60Gs of acceleration is simply wonderful as a result of who wants realism? Configure your flight stick (or mouse, keyboard, gamepad or … steering wheel, no judgements right here however good luck) and take to the skies at absurd speeds.”
The developer talked about that it’ll stay free as “The highest and backside of it’s this can be a sport I need to play and it is change into a enjoyable neighborhood undertaking which stopped us going mad throughout a world pandemic. With this being a aggressive / community-focused sport at coronary heart, the niche-within-a-niche nature signifies that the much less limitations to entry, the higher it is going to be for everybody.” they usually would possibly take a look at methods folks can assist the sport improvement in future.
A few of what it presently has consists of:
- 6dof flight mannequin (and the flexibility to tweak it to your hearts content material – sure, a 50km/s ship will break the sport and that is on you).
- An infinite sport world engine to facilitate the relatively absurd speeds (~1km/s is not any joke on the subject of floating level accuracy!)
- 2 ships (sure, many extra to return) with color customisation.
- All of the infrastructure round sport / graphics / audio choices, re-bindable inputs, varied flight assists and a frankly absurd quantity of choices to cater to every kind of customers from informal pad-play all the best way to dual-flightstick pilots.
- VR headset assist (F11 to recenter!) – I would like to do cockpit VR controller assist sooner or later but it surely’s not a precedence proper now.
- Fundamental JSON map format with auto-leaderboard-generation (ripe for an built-in customized map software sooner or later).
- 14 Time Trial maps – extra are deliberate when there’s extra concrete degree geometry and finalised terrain.
- Infinite terrain gen as a technical preview (extra numerous biome terrain and foliage deliberate).
- Multiplayer as a technical preview (no aggressive sport modes as of but).
Accessible free from itch.io and Steam. Not simply free however open supply too, though it makes use of the proprietary Unity sport engine.